A Month with Luster - November




In Temperate regions, November precedes snow white winter. In Tropical regions, it precedes dry dusty harmattan.

Most of all, it precedes December, the last month of the year in countries where the Gregorian calendar is used.

November, the month of pleasant and unpleasant surprises. Usually a time of reflections for re-adjustment to enable one finish well. For some, it’s a time to recount triumphs and success stories. Near misses and regrets. Play your last card. Expect the worst. Expect the best. Give it a last try against all odds. Evaluate what has worked and what has not, strategize for the coming year. Scan the horizon.

Organizations have their annual year period likewise some individuals. Mine is November – October annually because it was in November some years ago that my sojourn commenced. I still remember my black and white christening kodak photo with my god-mother carrying me in her arms. She stood beside my mother in her high ‘apolar skol’. They both looked younger and pretty even in a black and white photo. Quite far from what they both look like today. How time changes everything! Time heals they say, and time is not even a doctor. Story for another day.

November has become for me a time of gladsome reflections and stock taking. Milestones. Accomplished and yet -to-be-accomplished dreams. Desires. Expectations. How well? How better? What’s next kinda? Sometimes I feel a beam light on my inside searching all the corners looking for what must be brought to the fore as the clock is ticking. Time like an ever-rolling stream waits for no one.

See the luster I see in November?  I call it Novembery luster.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Power of the Adolescent Girl

Day 5 – Inspirations from the Beach