Up- close with someone I admire




I have always admired her. Her Faith. Her strength of character. Her achievements. She is a made entrepreneur. A passionate Nigerian whose story has remained consistent through the years. I have spent time in the past reading about her real-life strategies. My first meeting with her earlier this year helped me take some steps that I am so grateful for.   
It was a most wonderful privilege again for me to attend two meetings last weekend where she gave a keynote address ‘Entrepreneurship: How to start and prosper in business’ as well as a sermon ‘Making Impact’.
I practically sat at the edge of the pew and followed her down the aisle with my eyes as she reeled out profound wisdom and lifesaving skills not just relevant for business.  I imagined how blessed her spouse, children and immediate associates are. I also thought how fortunate to meet such a woman. She shared true life success stories, challenging and inspiring experiences and there was no egotism or self-aggrandizement at all. Unbiased daring audacity and tenacity in one soul coupled with smartness, verve and passion. Long after the event, a play button of a recorder has been turned on in my mind. What a beautiful way to begin to wrap up 2017.
Here are some highlights I picked:
  • A business plan, no matter how well written is a document of assumption and assumptions are subject to proofs. Bottom line? Start your business small to manage your exposures.
  • The cheapest way to advertise is to deliver satisfaction to a customer. Deliver value at every opportunity.
  • Leave a legacy of performance.
  • Be willing to try new things. Understand each season of your life and build from there.
  • Things around you will always change but do not let Who you are and Whose you are change.






Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Power of the Adolescent Girl

Day 5 – Inspirations from the Beach